Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Barn and Cottage Living

When I did a post on quilts a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't help but notice on my blog's Pinterest page that one of my readers chose the living room shown below by Justine Cushing as one of her favorites, and remarked that she would love to see the rest of this place.

By sheer coincidence, I was tidying up some House Beautiful magazines last night and one was smaller than all the rest..........I picked it up to casually peek at it again and, lo and behold, it was the magazine with this house in it from 2007.

I really love the large size of the living room, large windows throughout, faded wallpaper, chintz fabrics all combined with beautiful antiques and art collected over a lifetime, as well as the coziness of  all the rooms.

So, to my reader Barbara, here is the rest of this very lovely home in the Hamptons.......the main house is called 'the barn' and the smaller rooms shown here are in their nearby cottage.

Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!







The barn bedroom

All images via House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment