Thursday, May 09, 2013

Something Blue.........

Hi Everyone,

Did you know that the blue and white color scheme is the most popular color scheme of all?  Who knew?

I just discovered this little tidbit since I began blogging........and I must say, I have fallen in love with it.  We don't see a lot of blue and white interiors here on the east coast......perhaps because our winters are so long and blue is such a cool color..........it is more popular here in summer homes and cottages, but our winter homes seem to be filled with warmer colors.

Of course, blue and white isn't relegated to interiors only, it looks fabulous on anything!!  Any shade of blue against white is striking and graphic.........absolutely gorgeous!

And I dare to say, with all the beautiful creations by decorators, architects, artists, fashion designers and the elite creators in this world, the most beautiful blue and white creations come from nature!  Here are a few of my blue and white favorites from my Pinterest page.

Let me know what you think of the color blue!

Enjoy!!

Michael Whaley
Toile and transferware

House Beautiful



How serene and beautiful is this?



Inge Friebel illustations

Alex Grotto linen

What a beauty!



Glass

Old Belgian Ledgers



Hand painted walls by Lillian Williams



A beautiful creature!!

Quilt exhibition

Mary Cassatt

Elizabeth Locke Brooch

Seashell

Seashells


Blue, white and gold brooch

Morning glory with dew drops

Blue starfish in Tahiti and notice blue ombre sky

Beautiful blue eyes!


Pinterest





1 comment: